Splunk leveraged the CIO 100 Awards & Symposium to drive awareness amongst 360+ attendees and establish partnerships with executive level customers.
Splunk Inc. helps organizations ask questions, get answers, take actions and achieve business outcomes from their data.
Splunk wanted to engage executive level customers (avoiding random acts of marketing) through a coordinated effort that would be seen as a partnership rather than a selling situation. They understood that with this executive level target, they did not want to always be seen as approaching them “with their hands out” but rather look for ways to help them celebrate their wins and be a good partner, in a sustained fashion (not one and done).
Program strategy & solution
Leverage the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards, along with Splunk’s Dark Data research/campaign, to drive awareness amongst and deepen engagement with CIOs and IT leaders via a series of cross-functional programs and tactics. Attending customers provide use case examples that can be shared with other customers and prospects for greater adoption and credibility.
- Digital program with ABM methodology
- Direct mail to CIO 100 honorees and CIO Hall of Fame
- CIO 100 sponsorship (Corporate Partner)
- Sponsorship of CIO Digital Issue (ungated)
- Sponsorship of printed Digital Issue (mini mag) distributed onsite to all attendees
- Women in IT Luncheon
- Sponsorship of hotel keycards
- Post-event follow-up emails
- Internal playbook for company to follow